The YNPN Boston Chris Herron Professional Development Fund provides grants for emerging nonprofit leaders in the Greater Boston area to participate in professional development opportunities that they might otherwise not have access to. Approximately $1,000 is awarded each funding cycle (Fall and Spring).
The Fall 2019 funding cycle is closed and applicants will be contacted soon. Please check back for our next funding cycle around March 2020!
At YNPN Boston, we know how important professional development is for young professionals to advance their careers and increase the impact of their organizations (see our Competency Model for Emerging Nonprofit Professionals). While we provide a variety of professional development events and content, our capacity as an all-volunteer organization is limited, and so are the professional development budgets at many nonprofits.
If you’re a young nonprofit professional in the Greater Boston area and you’re in need of assistance to engage in a professional development opportunity in the next six months, this program is for you. Our grants of up to $500 can be used toward conference registration or travel, class/workshop fees, professional association dues, etc. See the details below!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the fund or application process.
Click here to learn more about Chris Herron (former YNPN Boston Board Chair) and support the fund.
Next Funding Cycle: Spring 2020
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be employed full-time at a nonprofit organization
- Be between 18 and 35 years of age
- Live or work in the Greater Boston area
- Plan to engage in a professional development opportunity within six months
- Submit all application materials by 11:59pm ET on the deadline
Note: Only one application will be considered per person each cycle
To complete your application, you will need:
- Short bio of 500-1500 characters
- Current resume
- Line-item budget (Please use the CHPD Fund template in Excel or PDF format) should specify the amount requested from YNPN Boston, funding from employer/other sources, and any remainder)
- Headshot (for recipient publicity only - NOT viewed by the grant selection committee)
YNPN Boston will NOT consider funding request for:
- YNPN Boston Professional Development Events
- Food or Beverage expenses
- Scholarships or part-time higher education courses
- Board dues or other charitable contributions
- Supplies (headshots, business supplies, business cards, computers, etc.)
- Recipients will engage in a professional development opportunity within six months of the application
- Recipients are required to submit a report within 30 days of completing the professional development opportunity
- Recipients will be announced through the YNPN Boston website and social media
Grant Distribution Process
Recipients will receive funds through reimbursement within two weeks of providing proof-of-purchase. If this requirement would create a financial burden for the recipient, then other arrangements may be considered. Please contact email@example.com with questions.